Physiology Lecture Materials:
1. The Gastrointestinal System 1-2.
2. The Gastrointestinal System 3.
3. Endocrine Physiology
4. Reproductive Physiology
6. Nervous System – Somatosensory Function, Senses.
7. Nervous System – Motor Division, Integrative Function.
8. Temperature Regulation
Pathophysiology Lecture Materials:
1. Acid-base imbalances; Disorders of the kidney
2. Disorders of the GI tract
3. Liver diseases; Disorders of the exocrine pancreas
4. Disorders of the endocrine system
5. Diabetes mellitus
6. Disorders of the reproductive system; Pregnancy
7. Local and systemic inflammation; Autoimmune disorders; AIDS
8. Disorders of the central nervous system
9. Systemic and complex disorders (multiple organ failure; sepsis)
Physiology, pathophysiology II General Course Info
Number of Classes:
Place in the Curriculum: II. semester
Prerequisites and Parallel Conditions:
- Physiology, pathophysiology I. theory; Anatomy I. theory
- Parallel Condition: Physiology, pathophysiology II. practice
Final (terminal) exam will be a written exam, an online test in the E-Test system (it takes 60 min, content: 1/3 part Physiology, pathophysiology I. and 2/3 part Physiology, pathophysiology II).
Attendance on Lectures
- Regular attendance is expected on all lectures.
- Attendance sheet will be taken throughout the semester. You have to sign the attendance sheet on every lecture.
- You will not be able to attend the exam and complete the subject if you are absent from more than 15% of the classes.
Progress Exams in Semester Period:
- 3 progress exams will be held during the semester. Writing these tests is mandatory, otherwise you will not be able to attend the exam and complete the course.
- You complete the tests in the online E-Test system.
- Each one is passed from 60%. BOTH parts (Physiology AND Pathophysiology) have to be at least 60%.
- In case of absence or failed exam, you will have one extra chance to correct the previous exams.
- Any failed written exams or absences without correction of the exam will result in the refusal of the signature, which means that you will not be able to attend the exam and complete the course.
Condition of Signature:
- Regular attendance as stated above.
- Passed all the 3 progress exams.
- Downloadable lecture material in pdf files.
- Online E-test system:
- You can find the E-test system on the following link: http://oraiteszt.etk.pte.hu/login.php
- In the system, under ’Tests’ menu, you can find Practice Tests for the Progress Exams. They will be available before each Progress Exam for a short time.
- In the system, under ’Figures’ menu, you can find Practicing Figures. These figures also help you in studying for the Progress Exams. The Practicing Figures will be available continuously. You can try these Practicing Figures as many times as you want.
- In the preparation for each test, please pay attention to the proper spelling of the words/terms. In the test we can only accept the proper form of the terms.
Medical certificates for missed classes should be sent via e-mail to the lecturer until the following week, at latest. Documents shown months later, at the end of the semester or even after the semester is over, are not accepted.
- Linda S Costanzo – Physiology (5th or 6th Edition)
- Guyton&Hall - Textbook of Medical Physiology