0. Biology Biochemistry General info
1. Introduction to cell biology
03-2 Cell membrane structure and function
04-1 Transport through the membrane
04-2 ATP pump and membrane potential
05 Cell adhesion
08 Endoplasmic reticulum
10-3 Glycolysis - Citric acid cycle - Terminal oxidation
12 Cell cycle
13 Replication transcription translation
Cell biology book
Number of Classes:
Place in the Curriculum: I. semester
Prerequisites and Parallel Conditions:
Final (terminal) exam will be a written exam, an online test in the E-Test system (it takes 60 min). You can attend the terminal exam if you have the signature for the theory course.
Exam material content:
- full material of the semester (images included)
- question types: simple choice (1 p), true/false (1 p), image task (1 p)
Attendance on Lectures
- Regular attendance is expected at all lectures.
- Attendance sheet will be taken throughout the semester. You have to sign the attendance sheet on every lecture.
- You will not be able to attend the exam and complete the subject if you are absent from more than 15% of the classes (max. 30% with justification)
Progress Exams in Semester Period:
- 1 progress exam will be held during the semester. Writing the test is mandatory, otherwise you will not be able to attend the exam and complete the course.
- You complete the test in the online E-Test system.
- Passed from 60%.
- In case of absence or failed exam, you will have one occasion to replace or correct the previous exam.
- Failed written exam or absence without correction of the exam will result the refuse of the signature, which means that you will not be able to attend the exam and complete the course.
Condition of Signature:
- Regular attendance as stated above.
- Passed progress exam
- Downloadable lecture material in pdf files.
- Lodish et al., Molecular Cell Biology, Fifth Edition
- David L. Nelson, Michael M. Cox: Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, 6th Edition; W.H. Freeman and Company Book Companion, 2013
- Consequenses of failed course!! Student can’t register for the following course: Microbiology
- Justification of absence: Student is obliged to provide a scanned medical certificate for the teacher in email as soon as possible she/he’s recovered from the disease. No retrospective medical certificate is accepted at the end of the semester! If you have a planned absence (ski camp, occasions with the family,) please inform the teacher via email, and please send the medical certificate as soon as possible.
- Progress exam replacement due to absence: 1 occasion for a progress exam is provided to correct for a student.
- Checking of the progress exam results: the times send by the teachers via email. 1 student has 5 minutes/Progress exam. We ask the students to come information about which Progress exam wants to check.
- Complaint deadline: if he/she has problem with the Progress exam (problem with the spelling, extra Progress exam due to justified absence) please inform the teacher as soon as possible via email, the latest time when you able to inform the teacher the last Thursday of the first week of the exam period.
- Recognition of credits: If the student come from another University and he/she has a recognition of credits process at the Registrar’s Office, the student’s duty to attend the classes until he’s/she’s recognition of credits paper does not arrive, due to do not know the results in advance. Absenteeism and replacement of Progress exam is not applicable posteriorly.
- due to the huge numbers of students the teachers should be kept the deadlines and the times of the Progress exam. The education and the exams are unified the all training centres. So for example for one people we cannot give replacement time due to absence. Complaining deadline is also important.
- Students can contact the teacher in the teacher’s office hours or email. Please do not disturb the teachers out of the office hours, it is possible to ask a personal time for the teachers via email.
- If the students have any question about the courses, please first looking at the web, if cannot find the answer then write to the teacher an email. When write an email for a teacher please write the following details: full name, NEPTUN code, the course name, and the major.
- Dr. Krisztina Takács, PhD, Lecturer (Course Chief)
Tel: +36-72-513-670 (630 extension)
Office: PTE, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute of Nursing Sciences, Basic Health Sciences and Health Visiting, Vörösmarty u. 4., II. floor, Room A234
Office hours: Monday 13.00-14.00 PM, Tuesday 14.00-15.00 PM