Physiology Lecture Materials:
- Membrane potential, water, excitable cells, autonomic nervous system
- Blood, coagulation
- Physiology of the heart
- Muscle Physiology
- Kidney, water and electrolyte balance
Pathophysiology Lecture Materials:
- General pathophysiology
- Signal transduction in the pathogenesis of diseases
- Hyperlipidemia, atherosclerosis
- Disorders of hemostasis; CAD; arrhythmias; cardiomyopathies
- Heart failure
- Respiratory disorders
Physiology, pathophysiology I General Course Info
Number of Classes:
Place in the Curriculum:
Prerequisites and Parallel Conditions:
- Prerequisites: none
- Parallel Condition: Physiology I. Practice; Anatomy I. Theory
- Final (terminal) exam will be a written exam, an online test in the E-Test system (it takes 60 min, content: 1/3 part Physiology, pathophysiology I. and 2/3 part Physiology, pathophysiology II).
- full material of the semester (images included)
- question types: simple choice, true/false, image task, definitions
Attendance on Lectures
- Regular attendance is expected on all lectures.
- Attendance sheet will be taken throughout the semester. You have to sign the attendance sheet on every lecture.
- You will not be able to attend the exam and complete the subject if you are absent from more than 15% of the classes unjustified or more than 30% of the classes justified.
Progress Exams in Semester Period:
- 4 progress exams will be held during the semester. 2 Physiology and 2 Pathophysiology. They will be written on separate days, please look at the table above for the details. Writing these tests is mandatory, otherwise you will not be able to attend the exam and complete the course.
- You complete the tests in the online E-Test system.
- Each one is passed from 60%.
- In case of absence or failed exam, you will have one occasion to replace or correct the previous exams.
- Any failed written exams or absence without correction of the exam will result the refuse of the signature, which means that you will not be able to attend the exam and complete the course.
Condition of Signature:
- Regular attendance as stated above.
- Passed all 4 progress exams.
- Downloadable lecture material in pdf files.
- List of most important figures collected from the lecture materials (this is a minimum knowledge, it does not contain all the figures that are necessary to complete the course).
- Online E-test system:
- You can find the E-test system on the following link: http://oraiteszt.etk.pte.hu/login.php
- In the system, under ’Tests’ menu, you can find Practice Tests for the Progress Exams. They will be available before each Progress Exam for a short time.
- In the system, under ’Figures’ menu, you can find Practicing Figures. These figures also help you in studying for the Progress Exams. The Practicing Figures will be available continuously. You can try these Practicing Figures as many times as you want.
- In the preparation for each test, please pay attention to the proper spelling of the words/terms. In the test we can only accept the proper form of the terms.
- Linda S Costanzo – Physiology (5th or 6th Edition)
- Guyton&Hall - Textbook of Medical Physiology
- Roland Ligetvári, MSc, Subject Teacher
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office: PTE, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute of Nursing Sciences, Basic Health Sciences and Health Visiting; Vörösmarty street 4., III. floor, Room 239
- Office hours: Wednesday 10:00-11:00
- Consequenses of a failed course!! Students can’t register for the following courses in the 2nd semester: Physiology, Pathophysiology II. Theory; Physiology, Pathophysiology II. Practice
- If a student fails Anatomy theory I. OR practice I., the following subjects will be unavailable: Anatomy II. Theory; Anatomy II. Practice; Physiology, Pathophysiology II. Theory; Physiology, Pathophysiology II. Practice
- Justification of absence: Students are obliged to provide a scanned medical certificate for the teacher in email as soon as possible but until the end of the next week at latest. No retrospective medical certificate is accepted at the end of the semester! If you have a planned absence (sky camp, occasions with the family,) please inform the teacher via email beforehand.
- Progress exam correction due to absence: If a student missed a progress exam due to illness or other emergency, there is 1 more chance to make up for the missed progress exam. The date is announced at the beginning of the semester. It is really important that there is only 1 more chance, altogether 2 chances, not more.
- Progress exam results: the teachers organize a results check-in for students after the progress exams. The date and time is sent via e-mail. If you plan to attend this check-in, please prepare your questions and be respectful; a lot of students want to look at their results, it is not possible to have more than 5 minutes for a test.
- Complaint deadline: if students have issues with Progress exams, signature, etc. please inform the teacher as soon as possible via email, the latest time when students can send their complaints is the last Thursday of the first week of the exam period.
- Recognition of credits: If there is a credit recognition process ongoing for a student, it is the student’s duty to attend the classes until the credit transfer process is concluded.
- Due to the huge number of students, the teachers are strictly following the deadlines and the dates announced at the beginning of the semester. It is not possible to give other exam dates for individual students. All students should take this into consideration before asking for a separate exam time.
- If students have any questions about the courses, we highly advise to please first look at the website, as most cases the answer is already uploaded. If there is an issue for which students can’t find any help on the webpage, the teachers are there to help. You can find the office hours above when you can find the teacher in the office. Any other time should be first consulted with the teacher via e-mail. When sending an e-mail to a teacher, please provide the following details: full name, NEPTUN code, the course name and any necessary information.